Monday, February 2, 2009

Two for two

So on the first day of the first two months of 2009, I have had a friend with whom I have been out with get arrested. The January event was entirely unfortunate, and has served as a learning experience for my friend, myself, and others, which in a twisted way is one of those 'blessings in disguise' depending on your particular point of view. Personally, I'm not sure I see it that way, but I guess it could be characterized as such; No injuries, no major loss of property other than money, so all in all relatively minor.

Now, I can say that the events surrounding the most recent arrest of one of my friends was most hilarious. The arrestee was one of my friends from college who came to visit me over the weekend, who has an unusual affinity for...shedding clothing when intoxicated. When it's just friends and those who know him, this is always unusual and awkward, but usually just funny. On this particular occasion, my friend decided to show parts of himself that usually don't see sunlight, to the local police department. Hilarity ensued. When my friend returned to my apartment after being in a holding cell for roughly 4 hours, he was clutching his plastic property bag. Inside was a document I am well familiar with through my work - a statement of probable cause for a criminal charge. The narration in it was both graphic and astounding, and I look forward to the day the law requires that it be read before a district court judge and a full courtroom. For those keeping track at home, that day will be April 3, 2009. I know I'll be there.

2 comments:

  1. do I know this friend? i feel like i do. or should

    ReplyDelete
  2. doubt that you would have ever met him - but you are right, you should. this is not the only story of this variety to star this special, special man.

    ReplyDelete